Job Title: Specialist, Events
Location: Store Support Center Marketing
| Position Overview|
|The specialist, events is responsible for the execution of event programs for all Southeastern Grocers banners and formats, which is relevant to season & customer demographic. This role is critical in ensuring all aspects of an event are executed in a way which delivers company sales targets and reducing competitor impacts.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Work with Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Finance, IT & Legal to execute end-to-end compelling seasonal events programs.
- Synchronize with other teams within Marketing to ensure 360° coverage and execution of events, including: Brand Communication, Digital, Insights, Circular, Public Relations, and Print Production.
- Coordinate with outside Project Management Agencies on event execution when necessary.
- Assist in leveraging and fostering relationships with outside business partners and organizations.
- Execute inspiring events across all Southeastern Grocers banners & formats.
- Understand customer needs as it relates to specific seasonal events and ensure they are met.
- Influence key stakeholders in order to ensure all deliverables are received on-time.
- Measure results of seasonal events.
- Leverage results of prior programs to continuously improve upon execution of future events.
- Partner with manager to create new ideas for seasonal events that can help bring in new customers, thus driving incremental sales, transactions and/or units.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications|
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business administration, marketing or related field and two (2) years of experience in a production support role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Prior retail marketing experience
- Project management experience
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey detailed information to a diverse population.
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct multiple complex projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work.
- Solid technical background with Microsoft Office and other data centric applications.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.