Job TitleJob Title: Barista
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The barista will create and serve a variety of specialty beverages in the coffee shop in the concept store, including coffees, espressos, cappuccinos, teas and other specialty beverages. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere. |
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Prepares and sells specialty beverages according the company recipes and specifications.
- Answer product questions and offer suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Understand proper operation of coffee grinder, brewer, milk steamer, and other department equipment.
- Sanitize work station and equipment in the coffee shop.
- Operate department equipment and tools including scale, printer and cash register.
- Monitor beverage temperatures and understand and follow shelf life guidelines.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to manager.
- Cook and prepare bakery products according to company guidelines.
- Prepare special orders requested by customers (e.g., special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
- Support the manager in ensuring all policies and programs are communicated and carried out in a positive and timely manner.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark –downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Prior barista experience.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the utilization and maintenance of kitchen equipment.