Job Title: Overnight Manager
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The Overnight Manager will support the Store Merchandise Manager (SMM) with the daily operations of the department (grocery, general merchandise, dairy and frozen foods) when stocking overnight. This position will assist the Store Merchandising Manager with implementing plans to ensure customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and appealing product, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Support the department manager with the management of inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Support the SMM in ensuring the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Lead department team members in productive replenishment, product rotation, conditioning and cleaning processes.
- Support training and developing of team members in accordance with company policy and procedures; lead team members by example by completing department tasks and serving customers with the highest level of service.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Resolve customer complaints to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure company standards of safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are achieved; ensure operations are consistent with all aspects of federal and state health, safety and sanitation codes.
- Support the SMM in ensuring all policies and programs are communicated and carried out in a positive and timely manner.
- Prepare schedules that achieve labor, service and productivity standards for the company.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
- Promote high team member morale.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications|
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- One (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as a SEG associate in the grocery area and at least one other department in the store; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures. Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.