Job Title: Cheese Steward
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The cheese steward is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere. This position will drive sales by offering information and guidance to customers in the cheese area. This role will advise and train team members on cheese basics to ensure customers are satisfied, retained and their needs are fulfilled.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain a well merchandised cheese area; set and maintain plan-o-grams.
- Advise customers on cheese selection, preparation and storage.
- Stock and rotate department products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Order cheese from vendors; place specialty orders for customers as necessary.
- Restock racks and build case stacks and displays for visual appeal.
- May conduct cheese tasting events.
- Operate department equipment and tools.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills..
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of cheese, selection and storage.