Job Title: Cashier Associate
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The cashier associate is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing accurate, fast and courteous customer checkout. This individual maintains financial responsibility in his/her service lane.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Listen to and appropriately escalate customer concerns to management with a positive attitude.
- Manage lane according to service standards.
- Inform customers of specials and promotions as requested by company or store management
- Properly record sales through the scanning system; operate cashiering equipment accurately and efficiently recognizing all forms of tender and providing the correct change when appropriate.
- Stock front end products; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Put up discarded or returned merchandise.
- Return carts to shopping cart corral.
- Assist in training new cashiers.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Meet legal and company policy age requirements to perform job functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.