Job Title: Inventory Specialist
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The inventory specialist supports the manager with inventory management, in-stock position, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet; assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ensure daily audits of low and out-of-stock items are scanned into the Location Based Inventory (LBI) system accurately and efficiently.
- Print and work inventory exception reports on ordering days to either update inventory in system or correct a distribution void.
- Research excessive back stock and either determine root cause and correct data.
- Use pick list from system to replenish shelves and displays on the sales floor.
- Perform inventory transfers with inventory management for all store to store and department to department transfers.
- Ensure reclaim is being scanned out daily.
- Ensure fresh department discard transactions are performed daily.
- Partner with store reset team on all cycle and full store resets to ensure shelf capacity and product facings are accurate.
- Review order exceptions and update orders accordingly.
- Conduct date checks to ensure freshness of product in Center Store and Fresh areas in accordance with specialized date checking processes.
- May assist receiving lead during heavy receiving times.
- Ensure backroom is kept orderly, clean and free from safety hazards.
- Operate department equipment and tools such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications|
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as an SEG associate in the grocery or fresh areas; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Problem solving and basic computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Proficient in math.