Job Title: Bagger
Location: Retail Grocery Location
| Position Overview|
|The bagger is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing accurate, fast and courteous customer checkout. This individual effectively packages customer purchases and expedites the flow of groceries from checkout lane to customer’s vehicle.|
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities|
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Assist customers in unloading purchases onto the conveyor belt at the checkout.
- Pack customer purchases in a manner to prevent damages, carry or push groceries in a shopping cart to the customer’s car and load groceries into the vehicle.
- Check the price of merchandise in all departments, as needed.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Put up discarded or returned merchandise.
- Collect shopping carts from parking lot and other areas and return to designated area.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Meet legal and company policy age requirements to perform job functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
| Required Behaviors|
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
| Knowledge, Skills, Abilities|
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.